TED Talk

In the beginning of this talk, I loved the picture of the airplane landing in San Francisco. I loved the way the lights lead to the focus of the plane. I also loved the reflection of the polar bear in the iceberg. The camels also stuck out to me because at first I thought the shadows were the camels, but the way the picture was taken at that angle really intrigued me. The picture I liked the most was the sea lions. I loved how the light shown through the ocean. It also looked like it had a fisheye affect to it.

The way he talked about photos how they tell stories made me notice the pictures he was showing in a different way. I loved how he explained that the photo as a visual narrative and how the image tells a story. One story that I that he told I thought was really interesting was a story about a man named Jonas. Jonas originally wanted to go around the world and compare urban styles of living. But instead decided to stay in the urban areas of Mumbai, India where he tightly focused in one area to have a deeper understanding for how people lived in that area and really experience it. He took many pictures to tell his story of his adventure and express the living situations. Another story I found interesting was the pictures of the people in the military. I loved how it showed the struggle, the healing process, and people getting back to what they loved before they were in the military and regaining their strength to do what they love again.

Overall, I loved how he used peoples photographs to tell their stories and adventures. Pictures can tell so many different stories. Photos can help people to understand issues in the world and helps people to speak out to make a difference in the world.


Comments

  1. Thank you. A lot of "love" in this, I'm thinking. I hope you saw and heard ideas you might remember in your own work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment